Faculty of Philosophy
The Faculty of Philosophy offers 7 study programs at the master's level. The programs offered are:
History – MA, 120 ECTS
The New Time History program at the University of Prishtina "Hasan Prishtina", was accredited for the first time in 2011 and was re-accredited in 2014. The program aims to produce qualified professional scientific staff from the field of New History, respectively the XIX and XX centuries, these staff who will meet the needs of the labor market in Kosovo. The priority of the program is the training of students for scientific research work, to be organized in scientific research institutes such as the Institute of History, the Institute of Albanology, the Institute for the Protection of Monuments of Kosovo, in the museums of Kosovo, etc. From the experience so far, he has also been employed in primary and secondary education as a teacher.
From the beginning, when the program was compiled for the first time, an effort has been made to advance students' knowledge in the field of world, Balkan and national history for the 19th and 20th centuries. The courses offered in this program include general history but also knowledge from other disciplines of history such as economic history, history of art, education, geopolitics, etc. Special importance has been given to historiography, so two subjects World Historiography, c. XIX-XX and Albanian Historiography, c. XIX-XX in order for students to be introduced to the main historiographical approaches during the XIX and XX centuries. Considering the profile of this program, which is scientific and professional, focus is given to research and balancing between the theoretical and practical part of the program. In this context, in addition to the subjects Methodology and Theory of Science and Archival in Theory and Practice, an effort has been made to ensure that the syllabuses of other subjects also contain the theoretical part as well as the practical part, so that through research and exercises, students can be trained professionally for scientific work. The teachers engaged in this program apply interactive teaching as they are committed to following the latest European and world teaching standards.
For more information about the program, click: https://filozofiku.uni-pr.edu/page.aspx?id=1,60.
Archives - MA, 60 ECTS
The MA Professional Archives Program has as its mission to prepare professionals in the field of Archives for the needs of public and non-public institutions, business companies, governmental and non-governmental agencies and organizations that are the creators of archival material in written format (hard copy ) or digital. Graduate students will be the much-needed specialists to manage, select and preserve the archival material of these institutions.
With the qualification of professional archival staff, students will benefit from the knowledge and skills in the field of archival, starting from the moment of creation of the creator's documents until delivery to the competent archive, as well as professional work in the arrangement, processing, use, publication, storage, etc. . of the documentation.
Professional preparation from archival and official management is the need of the hour.
With the training of the professional staff, results considered in the professional advancements are expected, starting from the way of creation, evidence, classification, archiving, storage, digitization, use, publication, etc. of archival documents.
For more information about the program, click: https://filozofiku.uni-pr.edu/page.aspx?id=1,60
Philosophy – MA, 120 ECTS
The program is built with the aim of deepening students' knowledge of the field of study and includes didactic methods relevant to this level of study. The concept and purpose of the program consists of: Education and training of students in the field of philosophy, developing and affirming the main philosophical theories and concepts and promoting study and research in this field.
One of the fundamental goals of the Philosophy department is to develop critical thinking capacities and skills. In view of this goal, the Department of Philosophy offers advanced courses (MA) in the classical disciplines of philosophy and in issues that include the problems of contemporary societies such as logic, metaphysics, theory of knowledge, ethics, political philosophy, philosophy of religion, philosophy of art , of the media, the philosophy of human rights, etc.
The objectives of the MA Philosophy program are:
- Development of creative thinking on today's philosophy and on the question of play for today's world;
- Development of human resources for the application of theoretical and philosophical achievements in practical life;
- The creation of professional and intellectual capacities, capable of taking a citizen on the social, social process (political, cultural, educational, environmental, etc.) in Kosovo.
- Completion of the academic formulas of Bologna 3+2 (BA+MA).
- The possibility of continuing the school at the PhD level.
For more information about the program, click: https://filozofiku.uni-pr.edu/page.aspx?id=1,61
Sociology – MA, 120 ECTS
The program at the macro level has two components. As such, it tends to develop the research (scientific) and the didactic (educational) component. For this reason, in the third semester, the program branches into two directions: the scientific and educational direction. In scientific principles, more research methodology courses are provided, which are other first-year courses, while in the educational direction, more courses with didactic content are provided, both in the theoretical and methodologically open aspects. pre-university standards can test their pedagogical competencies, while in various institutes in the civil society sector they can do their research skills.
In this context, this study program aims to:
the advancement of cadres who think sociologically about social problems and phenomena and human society in nature, being created in sociological and intellectual thought, but also about current topics and debates from the field of sociology; the skills of the cadres to do empirical studies from the field of social sciences for different research institutes, centers and agencies, observing, analyzing and evaluating in a professional and critical manner social processes and phenomena; Civic education and other subjects from the field of social sciences, in schools, colleges, etc.
The objectives of the MA Sociology program are to:
- Advance cadres who think sociologically about social problems and phenomena and human society in nature, being created in sociological and intellectual thought, but also about current topics and debates from the field of sociology;
- Develop the skills of the cadres to do empirical research from the field of social sciences for different institutes, centers and research agencies, observing, analyzing and analyzing professionally and critically social processes and phenomena;
- Continue frameworks for teaching Sociology, Civic Education and other subjects from the field of social sciences, in schools, colleges, etc.
For more information about the program, click: https://filozofiku.uni-pr.edu/page.aspx?id=1,62
School Psychology and Counseling – MA, 120 ECTS
The MA program in School Psychology and Counseling prepares young psychologists to work in a school environment, gain expertise and acquire the necessary skills to understand the different dynamics, context, problems and trying to find appropriate solutions.
The master's program in School Psychology and Counseling presents a purposeful and adequate combination of didactic and research. The program is properly constructed from a didactic point of view, integrating elements of contemporary teaching, where the student is involved in every step. Students will be equipped with the knowledge and skills necessary for independent research and team research work, becoming part of both the research projects of the Department of Psychology professors, as well as being encouraged to pursue their own research interests in the field of school psychology. and/or counseling.
The objectives of the MA School Psychology and Counseling program are for students to:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge in psychological theories applicable in psychological assessment and in general in school;
- Show skill in the conception and realization of relevant researches;
- Demonstrate skills in reporting research findings;
- Know the school context, community and social changes in Kosovo;
- Demonstrate counseling skills;
- Recognize and apply ethical principles in research, counseling and school work.
For more information about the program, click: https://filozofiku.uni-pr.edu/page.aspx?id=1,63
International Relations and Diplomacy - MA, 120 ECTS
This program is in line with the mission of the Faculty of Philosophy. The program aims to provide quality studies in accordance with the standards and best practices used in the European Higher Education Area. The program aims to strengthen the theoretical knowledge and practical skills of students in the field of political science according to the needs of our labor market.
Our program presents a balance between various didactic elements and research in the field of International Relations and Diplomacy. Students are expected to thus acquire advanced knowledge to understand and analyze developments in the field of political science. In addition to the Academic Writing and Research Methodology course, students will build research skills while writing seminars and essays in various courses. Additionally, each student is required to write their MA thesis.
For more information about the program, click: https://filozofiku.uni-pr.edu/page.aspx?id=1,64
European Studies and Public Administration – MA, 120 ECTS
The Master of Science in European Studies and Public Administration prepares students to make their careers as decision-makers regardless of European integration and public administration, the role or function they may perform. The program combines necessary modules of a scientific and professional profile, which have a clear goal that at the end of the process students will be able to graduate with a topic prepared according to genuine scientific standards, be ready for the labor market, as qualified officials and leaders or even as school teachers.
The aim of the program is to develop and increase the expertise needed for research and implementation of studies related to these policy areas. Moreover, the program aims to provide prerequisites for the development of competent experts and officials who will be able to contribute effectively in the fields of Public Administration as well as in the European Integration process. This goal is in full accordance with the EU agenda of Kosovo, because the reform of the Public Administration is regularly mentioned as one of Kosovo's priorities. In this respect, this program will contribute to the promotion of social and political trends and to support it as much as possible by creating competent staff, such as public administration officials, policy-making experts, researchers for research institutions, NGO activists, academic potential, etc. In addition, teaching and research in this Program will pay attention to the dynamics of the expansion of the European Union as a continuous process of institutional construction, socio-economic developments and policy-making procedures and the role of Public Administration in the EU integration process of candidate countries.
The objectives of this program are for students to:
- Deeply analyze the main concepts related to: Europeanization; European integration; Decision-making and policies of European institutions; EU policies regarding public administration and civil society; EU relations with the countries of the Western Balkans, with a focus on the EU - Kosovo;
- Research and write seminars, essays, research papers, etc. according to the best academic practices;
- Be able to search and interpret European events, developments and policies in national, regional and local frameworks;
- Identify, combine and apply relevant theoretical perspectives and methodologies with a view to solving specific issues and providing policy-oriented opportunities;
- Use approaches and methodologies in an integrated way while developing research;
- Collect and explore interdisciplinary theoretical and empirical data in the field of Europeanization, European integration and public administration;
- Preparation and training for employment in various sectors of public administration, civil society and business sectors;
- Use international databases and work as researchers and media analysts;
- Critically follow and interpret EU policies, ideas and concepts for Europe, the Western Balkans and European integration processes;
- Identify, present and analyze cultural, social and political issues related to them on the European continent and beyond;
For more information about the program, click: https://filozofiku.uni-pr.edu/page.aspx?id=1,64.