As part of the EU-Programme ERASMUS+ Mobility with Partner Countries we offer 4 scholarships for BA-degree students studying German or English for the summer semester 2022 (duration 15.03.2022 – 22.07.2022) at the University of Vechta in Germany.
The University of Vechta is located at the heart of Northwest Lower Saxony in Germany. Cosmopolitan, personal, familial – today the University of Vechta is a youthful, modern campus university with excellent conditions for studying and a clearly delineated profile. For more than 5000 students, the campus offers a familial atmosphere conveniently coupled with the infrastructure of a modern university.
Further information is available on the university webpage:
Information on the faculties is available here:
A list of possible modules is available here:
Please keep in mind that not all courses offered in a subject are offered every semester.
Due to the Corona-Pandemic some classes may be taught online. However, most classes will be taught in person.
Students participating in the ERASMUS+ Programme are exempted from tuition fees. However, a semester-service fee of 224,57 EUR will have to be paid upon arrival. It is an administration fee for the Student Services Organisation (Studentenwerk), the Students’ Union Executive Committee (AStA) and includes free pass for local trains in Lower Saxony (Semesterticket) and perk use of the refectory/dining hall.
Students will receive a monthly grant of 850 EUR as well as a one-off travel allowance of 275 EUR. The first monthly grant and the travel allowance will be paid in cash upon arrival in Vechta when signing the Grant Agreement. The remaining grant is paid monthly. The last monthly installment will be paid during the final month of your stay after completion of all ERASMUS+ formalities.
Who can apply?
Applications are welcome from BA-students enrolled in the German or English study programme from the third BA-semester onwards of the University of Prishtina.
Which requirements are necessary?
• applicants have to be enrolled as a full-time-student at the University of Prishtina in a BA-programme that will lead to an accepted degree;
• the first year of study needs to be completed at the time of application;
• the grant is tied to a successful completion of a full semester at the University of Vechta;
• a minimum of 15 CP will have to be completed during your Erasmus+ stay;
• scholarshipholders must not receive financial support from any another EU-programme at the same time or participated in the Erasmus-program before
Required documents for the application:
• Curriculum vitae
• Academic record
• Letter of intent (what is your motivation and your focus to study in Vechta?)
• List of courses you wish to take
• Application for admission: https://www.uni-vechta.de/fileadmin/user_upload/International_Office/02_Wege_an_die_Uni/Studierende/Zulassungsantrag_UVechta_Programmstudierende-Stand2021.pdf
The application has to be handed in either in English or German.
All documents have to be sent in electronically as one pdf-file.
What offers the ERASMUS+ Programme in addition?
• The academic recognition of the completed credits from the visiting university as agreed in the Learning Agreement
• Access to almost all courses taught at the University of Vechta
• An accommodation data base and personal assistance in finding an apartment or a room in a flat share
• Participation in the Smoother Start Program, the orientation weeks for international students, including an intensive German language course, an intercultural training and assistance with formalities
• Courses in German as a foreign language
• A tandem language learning program
• Organized excursions in Lower Saxony
• Free university sports
Assessment of the applications
A selection committee with members of both universities will assess the applications.
Application deadline: 05.12.2021
Please send your application as one single PDF to Ms Laura Heinz: [email protected]
If you need any further information please feel free to contact Ms Laura Heinz: [email protected]