Title of the project: Inclusive tertiary EDucation in the Western BalkanS
Project No. 618859-EPP-1-2020-1-AL-EPPKA2-CBHE-JP
Program Erasmus Plus (KA2 – Capacity building in the field of Higher Education)
Duration: 36 months
Project start: 2021
Project end: 2024
The project’s overall aim is to improve access, establish inclusive education learning conditions and develop employment opportunities for Students with Disabilities and students with learning difficulties in the Western Balkans.
The means to accomplish this overarching aim is building capacities of the Student Service Units, faculty, administration, students and governing bodies of the partner countries' collaborating HEIs and their respective Ministries of Education, developing modern inclusion practices, assistive technologies and networking, which will also benefit disadvantaged groups in lower educational levels (primary and secondary education).
In order to improve its equity of access overall aim, the project shall work to accomplish the following objectives:
1. Create and/or enhance institutional support structures and protocols to enable access to Higher Education and foster the consolidation of a social integration and accessibility culture within partner universities.
2. Enhance the managerial and administrative staff capacities of partner HEIs dealing with and implementing inclusive education practices.
3. Equip the Disability Support Units with effective and relevant assistive technology.
4. Increase external relations cooperation to improve Higher Education access and employment of disabled students.
5. Increase public and students’ awareness and understanding on the importance of inclusive education within HE for the society.
Coordinator: Polis University
Partners: Catholic University Our Lady of Good Counsel; Aleksandër Moisiu-Durrës University; Medical University of Tirana; University of Shkodra "Luigj Gurakuqi"; Epoka University; University of Prishtina "Hasan Prishtina"; International Business College, Mitrovica; Universum College; Donja Gorica University; National and Kapodistrian University of Athens; Masaryk University; University of Limerick; Albanian Foundation for the Rights of Persons with Disabilities; Association of Paraplegic and Paralyzed Children in Kosovo; Association of Youth with Disabilities in Montenegro.
Contact person: [email protected]
Project Website: www.idea-cbhe.com